Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello from Handong! :D

Wow!

So much to say!

God's spirit flows throughout the halls and around the buildings here :) I have come to a new understanding on how BIG and how Awesome God's family is!! It is truly amazing, and beautiful, and glorious all wrapped together in one!

This is truly the most international environment I have ever experienced. I am meeting people from Taiwan, China, Mongolia, Russia, South Korea, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Philippines, Indonesia, Netherlands, Nepal, Palestine, and this is only in my incoming class! Hopefully I will meet more soon! :D (I'm probably forgetting a few somewhere...)

He is so big! My heart is stretching everyday to learn and know More of Him!

Korea is beautiful! It has a big focus in industry and agriculture! I took the train from Seoul to Pohang and it was an epic trip! At one moment you would be rushing through a giant city filled with people and tall buildings, and the next you would be in the mountains surrounded by green houses, orchards and rice fields.

So many gardens!! The mountains of Korea are lush and green! And the trees here are absolutely incredible! They are so diverse and mixed! My dear friend Jimmy would have loved this place!

These people are hilarious. So funny! So kind, warm, congenial, and friendly! I am learning Korean from so many people and enjoying every second of it!

Kimchi is good! It is spicy, and I have to be careful how much I take! But I like it :) It seasons my meal just right! Every meal I get to try something new, and my chopstick skills are increasing! It is an adventure every mealtime :D

The other day I was sitting in Twelve Baskets eating my Korean meal, and there was a sextet practicing their classical music. It was so beautiful to simply sit and eat and listen to the deep cello, the soft flute, piano, violins and clarinet! I am so moved by these people and this place.

Today we took the Honor Code Pledge. The President of Handong gave a speech and the first and last words out of his mouth were "I love you!". (He was part of the reason why I came!)

These people truly believe in God, and they aren't afraid to let God mold them into the leaders that this world needs. It is inspiring, it is moving, and it is challenging! I feel this calling to be more for God. To truly live life to the fullest! To live in Integrity and Honesty in all that I do!

Today at the Honor Code Pledge. President Kim said something that really struck me, other than him loving me so much :p. He said "We have to be the history makers!"

Wow! Let's do it!

Why not change the world?

"Be a Legend Sam!" - Jimmy Brazell


On the Plane heading to LAX :)



Some interesting gardens and fields. They put a black tarp over some plants to either protect it from the sun or create a water run off. It's very interesting!



Apartment buildings and mountains! :)


Rice fields! Yum :)



Looking over the rooftops to the mountains :)


Pohang! Which is where I am going in 20 minutes! Must run! Hopefully I will take more pictures of Handong Campus and community life! So much fun :)

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment