Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In the Quiet

I love summer nights. They give me this feeling of contentment and peace. It is as if a mountain lies ahead, but the summer evening says "Rest here with me in this meadow for the moment. Spend tonight here where the night is warm, the breeze cool, and the music glorious."

The Music surrounds us. He is singing over us!


Do you know that feeling when the house is dark, the family is asleep, but you are awake? Sometimes it is nice to exist in a house filled with content and deep sleeping people. Lamps are wonderful inventions.

This summer is going to be filled with adventures that I've never had before. Such beauty, such life, such joy, such is Jesus. To dance throughout life rather than trudge.
Are you trudging? Jesus is there to break the shackles, kick the guilt in the gut, inspire love, and to strengthen you to live freely :)


Well I guess I could have stayed ashore
I didn't have to go
But they say sometimes to find yourself
You gotta let go

And the waters cold around me now
So far below
And I hear a voice beside me now
Just try to let go

And I'm still here
On the ocean floor
But the world's not
Moving anymore
In the quiet
Something has changed
I can hear God
Call my name

But before I go I wanna take
One moment and rest
And look back on all my days above
And how I was blessed

And I wasn't all I could have been
That I confess
But I loved my God and family
No regrets

And I'm just here
On the ocean floor
And I can't feel my
Heartbeat anymore
In the quiet
Something has changed
I can hear God
Call my name

Days spent in His presence make for a life deeply drenched in Love. A life deeply drenched in love is the only kind of life worth living. Let's go swimming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment