Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dust in the Air

When I lay idle in this body for so long my soul becomes scummed over like a stagnant pond in the muggy summer.  There is a reason why Proverbs speaks so much of work and poverty, and the more and more I live I realize that Proverbs speaks against poverty of the soul, and not of mere wealth. It is good for a young man to work and earn his living by the sweat of his brow.
Yesterday I was working very hard in my front yard and sweat was pouring off of my face into giant drips that stained the hot concrete of my driveway. I was getting frustrated with a piece of lawn equipment that was constantly dying on me. It was beginning to drive me crazy. My brother had already called for me to stop and come into eat dinner, but I was determined to finish what I started. And so… I continued my assault on the yard having to stop every 15 seconds to restart my equipment. I didn’t swear… I almost did several times. Finally I had this break down where I decided to talk to God about my predicament… I had read Philippians the other day with a friend from my University and we were talking about how Philippians is about not complaining, but being grateful in all situations. So book of scripture has been haunting me and my Spirit has been going to town working inside my heart.
As I remembered this book, I looked up and realized that getting angry and frustrated was not good, but that finishing the job was good. So I calmed down and finished the little section I had left in peace and gratitude without the machine stopping once!:) It was a nice victory indeed!

In Christ alone, my hope is found.

I've been daring lately and I have let God's spirit go roaming through my heart. It seems that I haven't let Him in for a while. Rather than lying in the dirt and clutching my hurt leg, I have been walking! This lame old body has been walking and dancing to the glory of God! There are rocks that I nearly twist my ankle on, but I am walking and laughing all the same!
I recently read my DTS journal while I was traveling in Colorado. It was a brilliant time of memory and God reminding me what He has done and what He will do within me and through me. I was made for joy, and joy abundantly to give to those around me.
There's not a day that I don't remember my Abba Father, my saviour, my deliverer, and I have to open my heart and pour out the Joy He has given me.
So as I pick up my weak and lame body, I walk onwards in joy to work, to walk and to dance into His Kindgom! I'm walking in the footsteps of Christ and the dust is still in the air.



No comments:

Post a Comment