Monday, November 2, 2009

Hei fra Bergen! Så Koselig!

Sooor, I decided to finally get myself a real "Blog". I`m leaving the xanga days behind... finally :p

So here I am in my friend Helge`s house. Its quite cozy here :) Norwegians have such wonderful hospitality with lots of great food! Lefse is becoming one of my favorite snacks. Its like tortilla with schmear... Very yummy!

However... The one thing Norway doesn`t have... Eggnog! Yes my whole world was shattered when I learned this... but I have good connections with recipes and will make them some this New Years :)

But yes! I`m enjoying my autumn weekend break! Stephen my Kenyan friend and I have travelled to the west coast the land of rain and the coziest Norwegians haha. We`re staying just outside Bergen in the wonderful countryside with Helge and Vegard.

Today we climbed one of the highest mountains here on the island in the wind and rain. It was really intense but the view from the top was so incredible! I decided today as I was strolling up the hill and looking back across the stone walled green hills with sparse sheep in the rain that I absolutely love walking in Norway.

Yesterday we had a wonderful time walking through the historic streets of Bergen and soaking in the dreary weather! Its almost always raining here hehe. We also say the local football team Brann play against rosenburg, which was quite exciting! First live football match for me, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! We tied :p But yes... football is big here!

After the match we went to the top of bergen and saw the whole place at night. Ahhh very nice! Pretty cold and rainy and windy, but a great view none the less.

Its so cozy here! If there`s one word to describe this land, and the people that live here, it has to be cozy :) My favorite saying this week has turned out to be "Veldig Koselig" which translates to english as very cozy hehe.

Well... I dont know what else to say except that tomorrow I travel home to Skien! We`re taking the train through the mountains so it will be quite cozy looking at the snow covered landscape :) I think I have an apointment to impart my rubix cube solving abilities to Helge as well. And! I get to finish "Out of the Silent Planet" by my favorite man C.S. Lewis. So it will be a quite nice ending to such a great weekend!

Hadet bra! (Goodbye!)

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment